- ShadowProtect Desktop
- ShadowProtect Server
- ShadowProtect for Small Business
- ShadowProtect Virtual
- Storagecraft ShadowProtect SPX
- ShadowProtect IT Edition
- ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO
- StorageCraft Cloud Services
- Exchange Data Recovery
- StorageCraft ImageManager
- StorageCraft ShadowControl
- ShadowProtect for Managed Services Providers (MSPs)
- Become a Partner
- Online Store
StorageCraft Cloud Services
Secure Your Backups in the StorageCraft Cloud
Local backups are sufficient to recover from common disasters, but a location destroying event requires a remote recovery solution if business is to continue. StorageCraft® Cloud Services™ lets you store a copy of your encrypted StorageCraft ShadowProtect® or StorageCraft ShadowProtect SPX backup images in the secure StorageCraft cloud. Should your business experience a major local disaster, you’ll have the tools you need to quickly recover data, even virtualize your machines and re-create your network in the cloud.
Plan your recovery from a site-wide disaster
With options that range from secure offsite storage to rapid recovery of files and folders to instant virtualization of systems in the cloud, you can select preferences that best suit your business continuity requirements—and always stay in control of your offsite data.
StorageCraft Cloud Services stores your backups remotely so you’re prepared for the worst. Create your local backup images with ShadowProtect or SPX, and then replicate those backups offsite to the StorageCraft cloud with StorageCraft ImageManager™.
Our privacy and security measures ensure that only you can access your stored backup images—and that those backups remain safe no matter what. Should a local disaster strike, be confident you can get your data. Recover individual files and folders or virtualize systems in the cloud (choose from our three service levels for the protection that meets your organization’s needs).
See StorageCraft Cloud Services in action
request a demonstration today.
|Cloud Basic||Secure offsite storage of your critical business backups with full-system restore via a BMR drive (a BMR drive contains your stored ShadowProtect or SPX images and enables you to restore your system to replacement hardware onsite)||Cloud Basic mirrored **|
|Cloud +||Everything in Cloud Basic, plus immediate file and folder recovery from the cloud||Cloud + mirrored **|
|Cloud Premium||Everything in Cloud +, as well as fast virtualization of your systems and data in the cloud (network failover is possible)||Cloud Premium mirrored **|
** Mirroring is available only in the United States and is an additional fee.
Features and benefits of StorageCraft Cloud Services
Security and Availability
- Boasts a 99.99 percent uptime record
- Meets or exceeds Telecommunications Infrastructure Standards for data centers (TIA-942) as well as meets or exceeds Tier 3 requirements
- Is monitored and managed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year by the StorageCraft Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Was built using redundant firewalls and other enterprise-grade security and encryption models to ensure the most secure cloud hardware and software architecture possible
- Features client-configurable firewalls for every recovered network running in the StorageCraft cloud (requires Cloud Premium)
Service Levels and Mirroring
- Choose from three service levels, depending on whether you need rapid network virtualization, fast file and folder recovery, or just archiving of critical data
- Mirror your backups to a second StorageCraft data center for added redundancy
- Configure service levels and mirroring to be the same or different for each machine
- Aggregate total storage needs across machines, departments, and clients and pay only for the storage you use (rounded to the nearest gigabyte)
- Increase your storage or upgrade your service level with ease
Control and Flexibility
- Replicate your encrypted and password-protected ShadowProtect or SPX backup images over a secure SSH internet connection—files stay encrypted, and only you have the encryption password
- Configure and customize firewall settings for your recovered networks running in the cloud (requires Cloud Premium)
- Customize account permissions and, if you choose, allow clients to access data files, reserve IP addresses, request seed drives, and do a host of other functions in the cloud
- Monitor used space, view backup arrival status, set backup retention policies, and configure alerts for events such as “seed drive arrival,” “upload activity,” or “explosive growth”
- Test your disaster recovery abilities using hands-on verification methods
- Access stored data and fail over fast—no need to wait for StorageCraft (failover requires Cloud Premium)
Advanced Network-Recovery Functions
- Access and update your recovery network through OpenVPN or IPsec to enable site-to-site, one-user, or organization-wide VPN connections
- Configure your recovery network to meet your unique needs
Cloud storage details
File and folder access, as well as full virtualization, in the StorageCraft cloud can be near instantaneous if the data is stored with minimal compression. When a device is initially uploaded to the cloud, the amount of storage space used will be roughly the same as the amount used on the original volume.
The cloud space used will be larger than the space required by the locally compressed ShadowProtect or SPX image(s). As recovery points are sent to the StorageCraft cloud, the storage space used in the cloud will be larger because of the additional cloud recovery points.
To reduce the amount of space used in the StorageCraft cloud, users may leverage a separate retention policy independent of the local StorageCraft ImageManager retention policy.
Populating the cloud
Before populating the StorageCraft cloud, you need to encrypt your ShadowProtect or SPX backups. You can upload your backups to the cloud in two ways: stream directly or use our seeding service.
To ensure your seed drives are properly packaged for safe transit, we require the use of StorageCraft seed drives, which you can request for a nominal fee. You’ll receive up to four 2TB drives and a hard-sided box with foam padding.
Please note that use of StorageCraft Cloud Services requires:
- ShadowProtect or SPX backup software
- StorageCraft ImageManager 6.7.2 or later